Friday, May 12, 2006

sweetness and might

So at the moment I'm at home with a few hours to kill - I have productive ambitions (thinking 'I could do some work') but they're yet to formulate into actions (i.e. the fact that I'm blogging, not working :oP) Nothing too hugely exciting to report at the moment, other than the fact that I've got an out of the blue job interview at the Papershop (newsagency) at Erindale tomorrow (i dropped in my resume there on the off chance a few months ago) - very exciting, tho Mum had to talk me thru the initial excitment freakout at first ('what about uni? what about Rwanda? what am i going to wear?!') It's times like these I feel young and inexperienced :P But hopefully it'll go well - it's a real answer to prayer bcoz I've been stressing about a job for a few months, it's close by, and I'd really love to work there!

Also I'm getting more and more excited - or maybe I should think of a new word, anticipatory (if that doesn't exist, it does now!) - of the trip to Rwanda. This time in two months I'm going to be there, after being to Egypt and Kenya as well - yikes/woohoo! At the moment I'm filling out various visa's, and working out if I can stay on for two extra days at the Mully Children's Family (Christian home and education for street kids in Kenya, set up by the Mully family - amazing story of just giving everything up to begin this place, and trusting in God - Joh Henley (nee Flood) has stayed with them accumulatively for a year and been very involved with them) with Brad and Joh, as well as Mike and Karen Roe. I still can't quite believe that I'm going, I feel so lucky!

My cousin Susie, who's over in Adelaide at the moment, came over for dinner last night - lovely lively conversation, lots of laughs! It was great to see her, and have some family bonding time :)

ALSO, I've decided to get Confirmed in the confirmation service on Sunday (as in I didn't just decide just then, I've been pondering over it for a few months) which I'm really looking forward to. Amongst other things, one of things that I realised was that I can't wait till I have all the answers to get confirmed (as much as I'd like to know everything, unfortunately (or fortunately!) I don't, and never will!) - I know enough that I do want to publically commit myself to God. Actually I had this really wierd dream about it last night, that we were having the service in this little wooden hut at the bottom of a cliff on some wild and windy beach, and then my Godmother was there... anyway...

1 comment:

Lib said...

Haha speaking of dreams, I just realised that last night I had a dream with you in it, don't ask me what happened, I just had this sudden realisation that you were in it, and you had short hair. Ha, so I've seen your haircut in my dream so I don't need to see a picture lol.

Actually I remember now, I had a dream that I was returning from my trip and I got home and everyone was there and I was like, hey this isn't too bad! (Just cos I've been reading this book about the kind of travel I'm doing- "vagabonding"- and they this section about how to fit back in once you get home- which I hadn't really thought about at all.