Saturday, May 20, 2006

morbid may

Aim for Saturday:
  • Do an essay for Classics
Instead, what I have done:
  • Ironed 9 shirts
  • Bought some new slippers (! now I have toasty warm yet funkily clad feet)
  • Played the piano
  • Done all the handwashing that has been put off for the past 3 weeks
  • Watched TV
  • Eaten 6.5 "sneaked" (i.e. out of the bowl) spoonfuls of apple crumble
  • Am posting on blog

hmmm.....

Anyway, whenever I post it seems to be when I'm supposed to be doing work. But that's not just laziness - I can't think of stuff to post about! Ah well, I'll try and brainstorm :P

This week on Tues and Wed marked the one year anniversary of Tim's death, as well as of Cameron's Mum. As well as that it That brought to the fore different issues and emotions for everyone - for me unexpectantly I was pretty emotional on Sun and Mon, as I kept remembering the events surrounding that week last year, when it all happened. Altho we're all still grieving for Tim, I was also sad just contemplating on how it affected the ppl around me. It was good on Thurs at Transitions to talk and pray about it a bit - we haven't done that for a while.

I didn't get the job at the Papershop which was a bit disappointing, but what I was expecting - the guy found someone with more experience. I was kicking myself after the interview for not saying that I would be 'very happy to learn/get experience' etc when he asked if I had any retail experience, rather than just 'no I don't...', but I figure it's best to learn from experience rather than dwell over things you can't change! And anyway, he said he'd keep my resume, so who knows!

Just to add some colour, here's a cool pic I found last nite (just randomly looking thru photos - a good late nite activity to provoke warm fuzzies!) at my friend Richo's (aka Thea) birthday party in Dec last year - we all went camping up at a property in the hills which was the best idea, and just after we'd all finished exams - good times! I like how you can see movement in the picture, and the two progressive expressions on Richo's face on the right - wonder what Em was saying!

5 comments:

jesster said...

also, I lost my links list when i changed the template, but i also lost the template for the links list in my blog template thing (does that make ANY sense seeing as each 'template' refers to something different?) Could someone (ie a blogging peer) copypaste a sample of their links list on here please?

Lib said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lib said...

(MainOrArchivePage)
(h2 class="sidebar-title")Amigos et Tomodatchis(/h2)
(ul)
(li)(a href="http://likeanyname.blogspot.com/")Lisette(/a)(/li)
(li)(a href="http://www.sezslife.blogspot.com/")Sezzah(/a)(/li)

and then you finish with (/ul)

PS(make the () into <> the page wouldnt let me post it normally)

jesster said...

thanks lib!

sez said...

that is an awesome picture!! i like it!