Thursday, September 29, 2005

yikes

Ok i'm freaked out. So you know the intersection of Portrush, Cross Rd and Glen Osmond/the Freeway? I was driving thru there last night at around 9.30 after going to Anne's netball grandfinal (they lost :( but it was an exciting game- I even got to score on the electronic scoreboard thing, so glad I had the help of the girl next to me, I haven't played since primary school!), cruising along, singing to the radio, doors unlocked... And today I find out that just a few hours later this 20 y/o guy in a red car (that fact's irrelevant apart from the fact that I also drive a red car) was at that very same intersection, and these 4 guys with machete's and knives (maybe gun's too?) hijacked his car, and forced him to get all the cash out on his card at an atm, and drive to Pt Augusta... All of a sudden my Mum's warnings about locking my doors at all times seem like a very good idea :oS As much as I hate it, I does make me feel really vulnerable, especially as a female! The poor guy, how terrifying would that be??

2 comments:

sez said...

how horrible :S :S :S :S :S yeah i heard the word machete [spelling?] on the radio today, but i didnt know what they were talking about... pt augusta? thats kinda a random place? or maybe not i duno but ahh!! [and the red car bit is DEFINATELY relevant.] :S poor guy...

jesster said...

I know!
And update- the guys was actually the brother of one of Lisa's friends (3 degrees of seperation or whatever hey!)- small world! and scary (don't want to make it sound trivial!)... Lisa was telling us more of what happened, not cool (as in what happened, not her telling us... yeah I'm gonna go sleep now)