Tuesday, October 04, 2005

holidays, oh holidays how i love thee

Oh man i love holidays. I think what makes them so good is that you don't have them all the time, even tho that'd be nice- it's the term time/work that makes the non-term time sooo darn good. Great w/e at Emma's- reminded me of summer hollies- being able to do whatever, whenever we wanted, not have to think about h/w, just have the time to hangout together... altho i'm still recovering from the sleep deprivation it was well worth it, lol! I would go into the highlights, but I think Sez and Em have already done a pretty good job of that, so I'll give them a plug and say go to their blogs -->

Sunday nite was really cool too- after sas Lib, Dave, Cam, and Andre & Tess (for a while) went to Subway (of course) then watched Anchorman at Dave's ('Where'd you get your clothes from, the toilet store?''I don't know what we're yelling about!''Loud noises!!''I'm in a glass case of emoootionn!!' haha, gold) and THEN went up to the Kensy lookout (i LOVE lookouts at night, so beautiful!) until some scary white tracksuit guys also came and started playing their music loudly, so we left, lol.

I had this weird almost fainting, blackout thing this morning which was quite dramatic. It's happened before, but still i hate that feeling when ur about to faint, ohh it's so bad- it's like you know that feeling when ur about to be sick, but 10 X worse- you feel like lead, really sick and giddy, have cold sweats, and have these weird stomach pains (mighta been all that milo cereal... :P), and if you try and stand up and walk you can't see, ur eyes just go all black. Thank goodness for parents, how do they get so good at dealing with sickness- you're dramatically thinking ur about to die, and they just calmly deal with it!! So to recover I watched Miss Congeniality 2 (well i was gonna watch it anyway, but hey)- i think i was in the right mood to watch it, even if it was a bit violent (no comments about my violent tendancies haha :P) it was good! I never used to be a movie crier, and i hate to admit it but... i cried in Miss Congeniality 2. Come on, there were poignant scenes!!

Song I'm lovin at the moment- Golddigger by Kanye West and Jamie Foxx. It's like a fusion of blues and hiphop, I love it! Not so much for the lyrics, but just the sound of it, it's kind of Southern (American ??)

Oh and another thing I've been thinking about recently- it's funny how we can have double standards for ourselves and others. Like rules that we have for ourselves, that we'd never have for other people, if that makes sense. Even rules that in your head don't make sense, but you still keep to them- like for example the kind of person I am (tho I'm workin on it) is that sometimes I find it hard to be emotional in front of people, like I have some subconscious rule not to cry in front of others, but I'd never hold that rule for other people, like think that they should hold it in. Hopefully that makes sense, but any thoughts? Can ppl think of rules they have for themselves, but wouldn't apply them to others?

Anyway, I've scheduled a night in with the family- booked in to watch 'Ray' (inspired by Golddigger, Jamie Foxx is the guy who plays Ray Charles) (which is why I'm not going to Wallace and Gromit tonight- you guys have to tell me how it is!) ...

2 comments:

Emma Smith said...

thanks 4 bein there jungle jess, it was awesome! had such a great time, our crafty time with just us grils was awesome as well so yeh thanks 4 bein part of it!

jesster said...

no no, thank you ;) we had to have some girly time in there hey! twas a great time all round... I keep picturing mo just standing there wherever we went, still cracks me up!