Tuesday, September 19, 2006

shmupdatey

After some subtle hinting that it's well time I updated, here it is. After weeks of anticipation... an update!
SO I'm on holidays, which is always good. Today I've enjoyed a very lovely sleep in (after going to sleep at 10 - so early!) and am lapping up the warm weather... well I was until it started raining! I even washed my slippers. I love down time.

I'm in a pleasantly spaced out mood today. At 3am on monday morning I finished my philosophy essay on dualism, which I have now triumphantly crossed off on my whiteboard with great satisfaction. Now I've only got a couple of other things to do for uni before we leave for NZ next tuesday (I'm going for a couple of weeks, Mum, Dad and Jon for 6/7 for those of you not in the know - I'm even missing the first week of uni *gasp*!)

On a more exciting note - Lib got back on Sunday! Welcome home Lib! Lisa, Dave and I met her at the airport which was very cool, and then mosied on back to her place for dinner. We got to have a squizz at some her tres funky fashion buys, as well as American mags (it's funny, all the articles they advertise on the front cover only ever seemed to be one page long!) Looking fwd to Steph's Potluck din dins for her on Thurs nite to catch up on the last 6 months, and just hang out!

Yesterday Edwin, Annie, Miz and I headed up to the EU leadership conference at Belair (I think it's the same you went to for the Rotary camp u went on Andre if ur reading this - I recognised it from the photos! it's such a nice place!) where I found out I have a 'Reflector' learning style, learned a bit about Leviticus (after just typing that out I realised I've been wrongly pronouncing that as 'Levictitus' my whole life!) had a great time getting to know other ppl from EU a bit more, amongst other things!

Even though it almost feels like the moments gone to continue my gradual recap of the trip, I also decided that today would be an apt opportunity to that - esp if blogger lets me upload photos!

3 comments:

sez said...

hooRAY for UPDATE :D haha
AND
are you proud, i read ALL of what you wrote. WOOHOO! XD anyway, yes. haha. i'm proud of you though, getting that subtle hinting.. :P

jesster said...

i AM proud, well done sez! lol. and hows that, FOUR updates in the past few days :P

Brad said...

Hey Jess,
I'd love to read your stuff on dualism once you're back from your holiday - especially since Mecka spoke a little about it (amongst other things) on Sunday night.
Hey! BTW You did an absolutely excellent job preparing for the Africa service (and your execution was fantastic too!). Thanks again for allowing God to bless me and so many others through you! Have a great trip!