Friday, November 18, 2005

WOO, just did my art exam - only 2 hours which was good, but for some reason I was massively nervous before it. I think because I didn't really do as much study as I did for the others, but it turned out fine - it's surprising how much you can just splurge onto paper when u need to (7 1/2 pages in an hour... yeesh!) Only one more to go - modern on monday.


A few weeks ago I watched Spanglish (as you may have picked up from the pic... get it, pick, pic? haha! ooooh man, too much study if I find that funny...) and I'm now inspired to become Mexican (and yes, I realise the obvious difficulty in that). It was surprisingly good I thought. I was kind of expecting it to be a fluffy romantic comedy/drama, but it has a lot of good messages on responsibility, cultural clashes, values etc. The main character (well, one of them) Flor was gorgeous - as in her character. Maybe I'm just projecting stuff onto her, but she's kind of what I aspire to be (note: key word 'aspire')- strong, feminine, selfless (with her daughter), moral, common-sense, passionate, carefree but responsible, humble, and wasn't afraid of standing up for what she believed in (passionately, lol) ... AND she had real curves, go her!

My one complaint was I can't understand how the character Adam Sandler played (COMPLETELY different to any of his other movies) - a really nice guy, loving father - married the woman he's married to - pedantic, selfish, verbal diarrhoea, the kind of woman who gives her beautiful daughter size 8 clothes (as in a few sizes too small) in an effort to get her to lose weight. As Anne knows, I would've happily given her a whack right then.

Anyway congratulations to all those who've finished (!!), good luck to all those who've still got exams to go, and thankyou to everyone for helping me through this emotionally turbulant time of exams :D

1 comment:

sez said...

spanglish was good. the whole adam sandler/weird woman thing confused me too but hey, what can you do... and yay for nearly being finished!! lol. and 15 pages is CRAZY jess!!!