Alright, as promised in my previous post, here's the Two Ways to Live outline. For anyone who's interested, this is very basically what i believe!:
1) God is the loving ruler of the world. He made the world, and he made us rulers of the world under him. (see Revelation 4:11- too long to type out!) But is that the way it is now?
2) We all reject the ruler-God- by trying to run life our own way without him. But we fail to rule ourselves or society or the world. (Romans 3:10-12- what the hec I'll write it out: "There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no-one who understands, no one who seeks God. All have turned away".) What will God do about this rebellion?
3) God won't let us rebel forever. God's punishment for rebellion is death and judgement. (Hebrews 9:27 " Man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgement") God's justice sounds hard, but...
4) Beacause of his love, God sent his son into the world: the man Jesus Christ. Jesus always lived under God's rule. Yet by dying in our place he took our punishment and brought forgiveness.
(1 Peter 3:18 " Christ dies for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God") But that's not all...
5) God raised Jesus to live again as ruler of the world (!). Jesus has conquered death, now gives new life, and will return to judge (1 Peter 1:3 " In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.") Well, where does that leave us?
6) The two ways to live.
A) Our way: Reject the ruler (God), try to run life our own way. Result= Condemned by God, facing death and judgement.
B) God's new way. Submit to Jesus as out ruler. Rely on Jesus' death and resurrection. Result= Forgiven by God. Given eternal life. "Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son wull not see life for God's wrath remains on him" John 3:36
Which of these represents the way you want to live?
So that was really long, but hey, I'm on holidays and have some time on my hands (plus it's important stuff ;)