Saturday, October 06, 2007

food + friends = :)

On Thurs night Annie and I were treated to a homecooked meal with the beautiful Lauren!
Photo face!


'Alright guys, let's do a photo where we look really cool'
the RatFace(tm). Check out Lauren!
There was bolognaise (spag boG)
Golden lighting ....
Restaurant quality dessert

A completely candid shot of Annie, demonstrating we could not only admire, but also EAT the dessert - woah!


Also ... CV [camp/conference where you think about your future directions in ministry] was last weekend, which I was initially a little apprehensive about (wary in case there was a 'Gospel ministry is the only real ministry' push), as well as having to come up with a 5 year plan in our couching sessions (!) but my fears were soon allieved and I soon felt relaxed, and I had a great time. Joel's blog pretty much sums up all the highlights!

A particular highlight for me was an elective on state of the Anglican Church - which I found was encouraging and helpful for redirecting my attitude... Also Chris Joliff's talks on the Reformation through the Psalms, and Peter Adam's talks on Ezekiel (he must be gifted if he can make Ezekiel make sense and hit the soul!) ... And of course the chance to just hang out with awesome people and have many good talks about *real* things [such as on our late night walks to and from Granite Island, with the Teen Rager playground featuring... many times]! Haven't quite got my five year plan finished stitched up, but at least I was pushed to actually think more than 12 months into the future, and have some ideas floating around my head.

Also, Peter Adam is a new hero of mine after delivering a line along the lines of 'when I see a woman who knows the gospel, loves the scriptures and has a passion for sharing it, I beg them to be ordained, [because there's such a need for women who can teach in ministry]' - it can sometimes feel like it's like we need to find positions that women can fill, so it was affirming to hear that there's actually a need for women. Women in ministry is a pet passion of mine ;)

Also... yay, Dad's home today from his 2 week trip to Greece! :D

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha laurens face in the third photo- classic! and i like ur hair, looks cool.

as for cv, well you know I thought i was fab, but just thought i'd reiterate (spelling?) it on here. For anyone who has ever thought even slightly about ministry, or even if you haven't, you should go. Its challenging but its fantastic.

thanks for a fun weekend. xx

Shorty said...

Sorry, I think I can see a typo - you've got "Spag BoG" in brackets and I think you were meaning to press the "L" instead of the "G"... although the keys aren't even that close together so I don't know how you made the mistake, but I'm sure you found a way!

I agree with Em.

jesster said...

I agree with you Em, too! And isn't her face amazing, she actually looks rat-like! Btw I've got ur blue sunnies after Jarricks stole them, I'll bring em tonight. It's been weird having a no-Emma weekend this w/e!!

haha, I knew you'd bite about that UN-typo Joel.

Lib said...

haha nice new layout ;)

Samara said...

CV was amazing- my brain hasn't been so sore in such a long time, my face so sore from laughing and my entire body so sore from lack of sleep.... agree with Em, I highly recommend coming, it will truly change the way you think...

As for that spag bog, i'm so hungry right now an dit lokos sooo yummy, if only my screen wasn't so far away, i would lick it :P
xo

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess!
I found you on the Internet, see stalking exists even without facebook!
Speaking of faces...my face! Embrace the rat I say :)
Have to do dinner again soon,
Much love,
Lauren xx