Monday, September 24, 2007

breathing space


The time where uni is lacking, the days become consistently sunny, and life seems a bit more enjoyable... My holiday's thus far have been filled with many-a good (and sometimes dramatic) thing.

Mon-Wed was EU leadership conference down on the beautiful Murray at one of my favourite camp sites, Ankara. We talked about the important things in life (a mere smattering = the Holy Spirit, poverty & the needy, response to and understanding of our culture), we ate, we laughed, we canoed, we got capsised, we got fat lips and ouchie leg rashes, we prayed, we late-night-hiked, we mix-taped, we watched 40+ pelicans mysteriously linger on the 50m of river in front of the campsite, we had light night convo's about breaking and biting people's noses off and other things that were innocent but if I write them on here they may sound strange and innappropriate.
I also evidently didn't learn how to write short sentances.

Wed I again had the pleasure of Mim and Jordan's hospitality at a short but fun-filled dinner with ever-growing numbers, with Mim and Jordan (duh), Alex (our vip over from Melbourne), Anne, Erin, Edwin, James & Karen, & Liv ... Liv and I then made our way to small group (my first in about 5 or 6 weeks - all my open shifts at work have meant I haven't been able to go!)

Thurs Dad left on his epic 2 week+ journey to Greece
I had an averted incident at work where I very nearly was able to apply the term 'unfair dismissal' to myself (I've told the story too many times already, ask me if you're intrigued! Plus I'm lazy and like being mysterious).
Annie and I also were treated to yummy (highly recommended) tea, tim-tims (in combination), and wonderful girly chatting with Karen at the Harricks'. There's nothing like a 3 1/2 yr old pelting towards the door to open it for you for your arrival, then being enveloped in a leg-bear hug to make your day :D

Fri Brought a meeting about the pilgrimage next year - refocussing, re-gearing, list-making, and firming up of plans (Sudan's most likely out, Kenya, Egypt and Ethiopia are in).

Youth on Fri night led to Emma's sleeping over and...
Sat where we spent the day in creative chaos as we made a going away book for Dave who leaves on Thurs for a 9 month DTS is Quebec. Lisa joined us in the arvo - fun times with millions of photos, sequins, feathers (now affectionately known as 'flever's, lol. Sorry, maybe you had to be there?), glue, and in the end a pretty darn good book. I love time with friends :)

Flew from that to pick Anne up from the girls bball g-final (sadly a loss, but I hear there was unfair tech-fouling and shirt fronting involved - drama!) to whiz to Ez's Gang-Show where we proudly witnessed her writing, singing and dancing abilities.

From there... to Dave's farewell par-tay (the book, now + lovely notes went down well).

Em slept over again which lead to...

Sun - we watched I Heart Huckabees (not quite what we were expecting, but it was quirky), and a SAS dreaming day... ending in Subway, and fun unexpected family couch catch-ups with Dan and Phili dropping round...

Wow, well done if you got the end of that blow-by-blow account!

4 comments:

Emma Smith said...

was a good weekend if i do say so myself. thanks again for having me and being so hospitiable.

and do u remember what that sentance that came before "alber'" was? coz i don't. but it was amusing. cya friday.

Shorty said...

Sounds like a jam-packed week!

Just a question - what's a "tim-tim"? or did you mean "tim-tam"?

jesster said...

Em - now I think about it, I have no idea what the sentance was - I remember it started with 'don't...' followed by some philosophical warning. Haha, it's so funny, but it's hard to say why!

Joel - lol, haha! oh that's a funny typo, sound like Tintin, but edible! Yeh, I meant tim-tam :D

Lib said...

you have me intrigued. i guess i will see you at thea's tomorrow? if not i will hear the story another time.