Thursday, August 03, 2006

oh man

i know i'm breaking the whole chapter thing, but ...

I was on the bus this morning - it was pretty full with a whole class from MHS going into town as well, so I was standing near the front, holding on to one of the poles behind the chairs with one hand. We'd stopped at a stop (oh, is that what you do there?), and were just starting up again - you know how it is on a bus where it's pretty jerky. I started to lose my balance so I went to grab the pole with my other hand by reflex and ... back handed the girl sitting in the seat next to/in front of me, across the cheek, by accident! Not even a light tap, my knuckle hurt afterwards! It was so bad! So I sort of exclaimed and apologised, and thought 'damn, I knew I should've brought that ice pack with me' ... And then one of the girls from MHS who was sitting opposite poor back-handed girl started giggling, and I had to stop myself from doing the same because then I would've appeared violent AND sadistic. I felt like the girl in the Princess Diaries before she gets a makeover, lol. Then my friend got on, and was telling me about last week when she accidentally fell into someones lap on the bus - you know where the fold down seats are where the seats are opposite one another? So that was pretty funny (dw, we were out of earshot of the poor back handed girl).

Just had to let you know...

4 comments:

sez said...

BAHAHA, aww the poor girl :P

Emma Smith said...

haha I'm loving ur new profile pic. very funny. And good work on the long posts. very entertainin. Sorry I don't have more to say, but keep up the good work! xox

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess! Just letting you know that I love reading your blog and I LOVE your sense of humour!! Maybe the bus tickets should start having disclaimers so that no one is liable for personal injury sustained while on the bus ...
Gotta dash - no rest for the wicked. Keep up the great blogging - as you know ... I love it!

jesster said...

@ Anz: haha I'm glad I'm not alone! look fwd to catching up on Thurs ... could be the first public-place-fools support meeting :P
@ Sez: I know :S! I don't know if i actually said in my post that I felt really bad, but I did... but still, baha!
@ Em: hehe thanks - I'm liking your new profile pic as well, well suited to the adult emma thing.
@ Mark: thanks so much! that's actually a big boost to my blogging self-esteem :P!