Tuesday, June 13, 2006

It's moments like these I'm proud to be an Aussie


Well I see that Anna's already beaten me to an enthused recreation of the game, but GO THE SOCCEROO'S!!!! After the most frustrating game of hundreds of near misses, the Japanese continually tripping over and cradling their ankles when they'd been 'fouled' (granted, some of the falls looked painful, but still, THAT many?), a clearly dodgy call on Japan's goal (all this coming from a complete Soccer novice) ... I must admit I was starting to get sleepy and thought all was lost, but then we (I use 'we' because clearly we the viewers did so much work from watching on our couches, (or baby mattresses, whatever the case may be!) ;) scored not one, not two, but 3 brilliant goals in the last 8 minutes!! Go Cahill and Aloisi!!

Now onto Croatia and Brazil

I'm glad I stayed up...

10 comments:

Anzy said...

GAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes yes today i am proud to be an Australian. Took me so long to calm down last night.. CMON AUSSIE!!! WOOHOO! Only the top team in the world to face next.. xo

jesster said...

lol, only the top team... It was so good!! Is it Sunday they play Brazil? damn it if it is, i've got an exam at 9.20 the next day!

Anonymous said...

It was so awesome, yet very tense at times... GO AUSSIES

AJ said...

it was very cool watching it on the BIG screen (thanks for organising that jess). I think they are playing at 1 or thereabouts on sun night. it was almost unbelievable that we came back like that.

Lisa said...

Yeh, thanks heaps for organising that Jess and those pastry things were delicious.... did you hear the EGYPTIAN referee apologised to Aust? Cheerio, cya thurs

jesster said...

no worries, i didn't really do much! we would've been lost without aj's technical expertise - and what ended up eing hours of setting up - thatnks aj! and lisa i can give u the recipe to those things, they're easy as. we should do it again - i want to see anna going crazy watching soccer!

Anzy said...

haha yes it is truly an experience that none will forget... Wait until you see me watch the Rugby eh!

jesster said...

oooh you're a rugby fan too?? SNAP!!! I thought it was just a Eastern states/Harris/Anne thing!! Rugby is awesome, so much fun to watch!! I missed the game on sunday, but the second test against Eng is on on Sat nite, should be good! One thing u should know tho, I'm torn between loyalty to the almighty All Blacks (my Dad's a kiwi) and my hometown Wallabies, so I get a bit confused when I see them play each other :P

Anzy said...

I know how good is rugby!! Well.. you know my family is from the eastern states.. We lived in Sydney for years, and Mom and Dad grew up there.. so they raised us on the "right" sport hehe (beats AFL hands down. I love league more than union (go the DRAGONS!) but union is still awesome... except i have a secret confession... i slightly barrack for england (oh the shame...)But if you ever have trouble deciding who to go for... do what i do.. Go for the winner!! then you can never get it wrong ;)

Anonymous said...

man, i want some of HIS ball skills